Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries: The Obsession

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife." ~ Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Anyone who knows me knows I can't handle cliffhangers. No, I shouldn't have read Clockwork Prince before Clockwork Princess came out. That was just asking for it.

But what about my latest obsession...The Lizzie Bennet Diaries? I didn't see that one coming! Maybe I'm the last one to catch on to this crazy thing, but I am OBSESSED. Meaning, I don't want to wait until Mondays and Thursdays. (Even though I kind of know how it's going to end up since I spent that year reading nothing but Austen.)

If you are anything like me, you may be prejudiced against YouTube. Isn't that the tacky site where you go to watch cat videos and bad homemade book trailers? Yes. But I bit back my pride and now I love it. I understand the possibilities now. Fake vlogs! Real vlogs. Mini serialized stories sans the network television laugh reel. Characters with live Twitter accounts.

Did I say OBSESSED?

If you haven't got on the wagon, but are curious, you can watch the first episode here:

 

 Or all of them here!


2 comments:

  1. Hey there--I'm a friend of Elodie's and followed her link over here! I love love LOVE LBD--I think it took me about two days to get caught up in November, although I think I have a few to catch up on now (there goes my afternoon!) Anyway, welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for welcoming me! Glad to hear someone else shares my obsession. Apparently, LBD is popular, but I hadn't found anyone who watches it. If you have a few to catch up on, one might be the episode when Mary comes to Lizzie's room and helps her act stuff out. It's classic!

    ReplyDelete