Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Revision trick experiment

Revisions on paper

I do all of my editing online, but it seems like everyone I know was telling me to go old school. The collective advice seemed to be "print out your MS in a different font and size and suddenly you'll see everything in a whole new light."

I was skeptical (plus, going paperless is cool), but I decided to give it a try. And the results were...


Drum roll please...



Suspense!



Keep scrolling...



Almost there!



MAGIC. Wow, it actually worked. Suddenly everything sounded wrong. The parts that seemed fine before were gushing blood. I'm calling this experiment a success.

Have you ever tried this method? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried this experiment, but I think this could be a really good idea! I might have to borrow it. :) Good luck with your revisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie. Yeah, it was kind of eye opening.

      Delete