Monday, March 10, 2014

Blogging hiatus & other news

So the reason I haven't been blogging is...

Drumroll...

I've been puking! Yay!

In other words, I'm PREGNANT. Due September 10. I've had terrible morning sickness, but I'm coming out of it and I'm energized and ready to pick up my favorite manuscript and start some deep revisions. Which will probably take me a year, but that's ok. This industry is slow, right? I already fit in.

Where am I getting all this new inspiration? I attended the Big Sur Writing Workshop this past weekend. I highly recommend it. I went in trying to figure out which manuscript I should focus on and came out confident in which one has the most potential.

If you've never heard of the conference, I highly suggest you consider it. It is run by the Andrea Brown Literary Agency and is typically held twice a year. Writers get to bounce their first pages off agents, published authors and editors. It is a great place to find critique partners and learn about the publishing industry. Very helpful! Most of the info is on their site, but email me if you want the scoop from a writer's perspective.

So, without further ado, I give you my birth announcement (my 7-year old son's vlog).




No comments:

Post a Comment