Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people. I really really wish I was. I have three novels completed that need revisions. So anyway, in an effort to make this as painless as possible, I made a revision toolkit! It's my go-to box of things for when revisions get...uncomfortable and I need to comfort myself.
So far, I've included:
1) Chocolate (obvious choice, but a staple nonetheless). I chose this Oaxaca bar by Vosges with guajillo & pasilla chilles, courtesy of Santa.
2) An orange Sicilian candle (because I'm Italian and I might need some aromatherapy)
3) Ultra soft socks
4) Music! I chose Ingrid Michaelson's Human Again CD. Plus, I created a revision playlist on Spotify.
5) The Elements of Style Illustrated (because grammar is more fun with pretty pictures)
6) A knitted gnome for good luck!
Now I'm prepared so I have no more excuses. I better just suck it up now.
Ok, here I go...
Yup. I'm going to start revising now.
La la la la.
This blog post is really over, isn't it?
What would you put in your revision toolkit? Or are you one of those lucky ones who loves revisions?